cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Premium email

Hi, I have a BT Premium email account.  Within this, I have my personal email and another for my wife.  A few days ago, I set my wifes email up in Outlook so that she can pick up her emails from her phone.  Simple.  However, for my email, I keep getting a message stating that my credentials are incorrect.  I even tried the BT Email app and the same issue applies.  However, I can log on without issue through the BT website. 

I want to link email to an app like Outlook (or another, I'm not precious) for convenience.  Using the website is not a good user experience for me ie search BT, go to Email , enter username, enter password.  Way more convoluted than it needs to be.

The only thing that I'm not 100% sure about in my setup is IMAP password.  Outlook states that this may be different than email password.  Is this true?  This wasn't an issue when I set up wifes email.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Premium email

No, it is your email password that is required.

Make sure that you have set the outgoing SMTP password to be the same as your incoming IMAP password.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The BTMail setting are here.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

There is no different password setting for IMAP. You just use your own email address and pasword for the account.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for response gg30340.

I already tried my valid email password when asked for IMAP password and it states Sign in failed.  However the exact same password works fine in web mail.  I've no idea why this is the case.

This issue has been like this for years - interestingly, it was around the time I discontinued using BT Broadband and elected for Premium email.   I have reluctantly lived with it for a while now and it was only when I managed to get my wifes email set up that I thought to poke the bear again. 

I will try resetting password in the hope that somehow, this resolves the problem

0 Ratings