cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 406

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

@wendylois
Exactly! See also my comment at end of Message 121.
0 Ratings
Message 132 of 406

@PeteTH 

Try as I might I cannot recreate unnatural word breaking at the end of a line.
I've just tested pasting very long lines of text with several hundred characters including spaces and the end of the line as restricted by the width of the compose window is neatly handled with word wrapping occurring as I would expect. No words were broken in two.

By the way I don't know what you mean by 'graphic text'.

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 406

@ShaunOM
No, this does not occur in text we compose in emails. It arises in incoming mail, often in (corporate) text created in frames for web displays . . . hence my loose use of the term "graphic text". (I do not know how text formatting is set-up in web pages!)
Message 134 of 406

@PeteTH@ShaunOM :

It will be in some sort of "page description language", almost certainly HTML.

Normally, that would be regarded by the in-house programmers as a standard process, that they didn't need to re-invent from scratch for each new project. They would insert code from a standard package, often known as a 'widget' in the trade, and simply tweak that slightly to suit the current project. It seems to have been during that 'tweaking' or 'configuration' of the tool used that things have gone wrong.

(I have documentation to confirm that this became common, essential, programming technique from about 1948-9 - though they were called "subroutines" rather than widgets then.)

Message 135 of 406

I had one such 'graphic text' email it was 3 letters wide, every word was cut up.... Was going to post a picture , but what is the point, 

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 406

I got one like that - I sent the screenshot by PM to @NickBS . He sent it on to the development team.

I see mail version v=ci-MX_3.5.0#/mail today. That email is still mis-rendered.

Message 137 of 406

You have recently updated the list of issues currently being worked on to resolve the problems users are experiencing with BT mail. However, I don't see any mention of the problem where multiple (usually 3) email reminders are sent for singular events in the calendar. Please can you confirm that this issue is also being worked on?

Thank you.

Message 138 of 406

@NickBS  - Is this site having problems again?

Several posts I read earlier now seem to have disappeared.

Message 139 of 406

I've dropped you a PM on this one @DEM 

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 406

@DEM  I was thinking that too. What happened to the list of fixes?!

0 Ratings