cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 396

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Mine doesn't log me off. I've just checked today and still logged in from yesterday. Anyway, the BT app isn't the issue here, it's BT Mail on the PC that's driving everyone potty!!
Tags (1)
Message 152 of 396

So why use it? You obviously use an app on your phone, why don't you use an app (client) on your PC such as the free Thunderbird or EmClient?

Message 153 of 396

Elements of mails being lost

Here's what was forwarded (from my Yahoo account):

sent9may.jpg

Here's what was received (in my BT account):

recd9may.jpg

Where has the image "The Conversation" gone? It shows as a blocked image if I block all images, but disappears when I hit "show image". It's a png file with a url link attached/embedded/whatever.   

Edit: here's a complication. I've forwarded four mails from the same source to my BT account (I was checking the word-break fix that was rolled back). The image is only lost in two of them. 

Message 154 of 396

Re: Elements of mails being lost

@PeterE17  Yes, the image block annoyance is doing its thing again but I think this was one of the problems that was fixed in yesterday's update, which was then withdrawn as the update had caused new problems.  I can now only get it to show images if I tick 'allow all except spam'.

And yes, I wish to goodness they'd fix that text wrap problem.

0 Ratings
Message 155 of 396

The overnight logoff problem may have been fixed, but I've noticed that I have recently started getting logged off periodically on a random basis, even when I'm actually using BT Mail! Not very often (every couple of days or so) but annoying nevertheless.
Message 156 of 396

Re: Elements of mails being lost

@Groo Your reply and my explanatory edit crossed. The image did not appear in the short-lived 3.5.0 release either.  Some aspects of the text wrap problem were fixed, but not all; text with an attached url was still being misrendered. 

Message 157 of 396

@delphinium9 Thanks, that confirms my suspicions (see message 149). I've added your post to a document I'm maintaining in case the mods want to see all the log-off problems in one place. 

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 396

@wendylois wrote:
Mine doesn't log me off. I've just checked today and still logged in from yesterday. Anyway, the BT app isn't the issue here, it's BT Mail on the PC that's driving everyone potty!!

As this is about BTMail and you said "I rarely have to relogin on my phone's BT Mail app."  I thought you were referring to the BTMail app but apparently not so who knows what you were referring to!

I was pointing out that you were talking about two entirely different systems so you were comparing apples with oranges.

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 396

Why would I want to install yet another app (client) when I've got BT Mail on the PC - at least once it's fixed, eventually? I've never heard of the ones you mention. I'm mostly on my PC rather than my phone.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 160 of 396

Rude. I mentioned both of them which you would know if you'd read it properly. I stated that the problem with having to repeatedly log in was with BT Mail on the PC, but not with the app on my phone which stays connected.
Tags (1)