cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 396

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Yes, an AVG VPN. Should I turn it off, though surely that's protecting me? (Though just logged in and no robot check.)
Tags (1)
Message 172 of 396

Re: Sign-on security risk

What I would like to know from BT is why they felt a need to make changes - as far as I am concerned the previous version (which had remained for several years) did everything that I wanted it to and was straightforward to use. I like the old saying (if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Message 173 of 396

@wendyloiswrote:
Yes, an AVG VPN. Should I turn it off, though surely that's protecting me? (Though just logged in and no robot check.)

Thanks, that's useful information. There are other posts and threads that highlight the problems (although that's a weak word) that BT Webmail has with access from a VPN. Being sent through Captcha is one of them, inheriting a black-listed IP address is another, and there might be more. 

One option would be to switch off your VPN for a day or so, see how BT mail behaves  and post back here. It's your choice. 

I can't really say if a VPN offers any useful protection, I don't use one and don't have to go through Captcha to access my mail. 

Message 174 of 396

Re: BT Email - What is wrong ???

@PJ32
I get a few problems, but not many of those you mention here.
0 Ratings
Message 175 of 396

@wendylois
It's been okay for me this morning - not logged out in 2hour+ session so far.
I wonder why these issues are applying so differently to all of us?
0 Ratings
Message 176 of 396

@PeteTH  Same here. Mine only logs me out when I've closed my browser, then I need to log back in. Whole system seems very random between different people!

Message 177 of 396

I've been experiencing this too on occasion - seeing  =C2=A0 at the end of lines of text when I see my email in a thread (after it's been responded to).

Something about this here: 
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2774471/what-is-c2-a0-in-mime-encoded-quoted-printable-text

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 396

Not read right through but just in case not mentioned.  2 years ago I had this very problem which Bt denied existed.   I persevered and it turned out it was ROBOFORM, turned this off on BT Mail and Mail worked,  but recent change of computer and same happened again, and it was still ROBOFORM both BT and Roboform have investigated and both deny it being a problem with their software.   So it could be that or some other vague program just a question of trial and error.

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 396

Well, where to start.

Clunky, childish design. Jumpy transition throughout. No way to commit spam to spam folder, without opening the message. Unable to view in landscape. All goes flashy and juddery. Loads of Spam. No back button option to return to inbox. Constant Bad Request error messages. What does that even mean? 🤔 In short, the email format is now worse than it was years and years ago. Definitely not at all happy with it.

Message 180 of 396

Re: New Email Format Keeps Blocking Images

Yes. And that.  Even if I reset the allow images, it goes back to blocking them, so many emails are difficult to identify or recognise 😭