TokuFloyd_0-1706798712733.png

TokuFloyd_1-1706798712716.gif

gg30340
Distinguished Sage

on ‎01-02-2024 14h17

Message 98 of 102
Re: BT Webmail Feedback
@Toku-Floyd wrote:

Overnight, the mail has turned into a clunky, less secure service. No it's not.

Used to be able to check the source of dodgy looking e-mails, without opening them.  Yes you can, see below.

Now, as soon as you tick the box, the mail opens and any dodgy payload is ready to download. Don't click on the box because that selects the email. Just hover your mouse just below the senders name and it will show you the full email address.

Why, do they have to spoil what was working just fine.

Unfortunately, some accounts have been taken over or are being mis-used and the only way to check them was to go to source.

Hovering over the name of sender, only gives the account holders name, it does not give who sent it.

I do not know the technicalities, but if I get an e-mail from 'john', hovering gives me 'john'.

Checking the source gives me '123456@edu.6.irn', etc. plus a whole list of bounces and re-directs and originating ID.

That is why I say that it is not as secure as before, I cannot check it without opening it.

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 952

I have no mouse on my iphone or ipad 

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 952

Will check what you say, but it does automatically tick the next one to be deleted... whatever it is from my point of view the layout and the workings are definitely a step backwards from what it was... hate it.

Message 104 of 952

@Toku-Floyd 

If you hover the mouse just below "John" it will show you what email address it originated from in the same way as the "old" email interface did.

If you want to view the source, select the email with a signal click the box to the left of the email in the list then go to "More" in the menu bar and then "View Source" This is exactly same as the "old " interface.

If you are concerned that it is opening a preview I would suggest that you select the no preview option and again the preview options are exactly the same as the "old" interface.

Message 105 of 952

@Garry2 wrote:

I have no mouse on my iphone or ipad 

Your choice of course but why are you using webmail on an iPad and iPhone and not an email app which if you were you would not need to access webmail let alone see and use the interface.

I do not use an iPhone or iPad so I am unable to say how or if you can view the senders details or source without opening the email.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 952

clicking the box to the left of the email opens the email ( which you do not want to do). 0n the old system you could click on the email and it would not open and you could delete it without opening it.

which is the whole point Re security

Message 107 of 952

I would say that the majority of my friends and family use an ipad and iphone for email.

and I would hazard a guess that it is the same across the uk

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 952

@Garry2 wrote:

I would say that the majority of my friends and family use an ipad and iphone for email.

and I would hazard a guess that it is the same across the uk

Yes and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of iPhone and iPad users through out the world use an email app and not a web browser to access their email account(s).

Message 109 of 952

Hotmail have got a lot to answer for. Until Hotmail came along there was no such thing as 'Webmail', email was collected via the proper tool, a dedicated email program/client (usually Outlook Express which came supplied with all Windows machines) then along came Hotmail and decided you couldn't use a client you had to use a web browser. Been downhill ever since.

Message 110 of 952

@Garry2 wrote:

clicking the box to the left of the email opens the email ( which you do not want to do). 0n the old system you could click on the email and it would not open and you could delete it without opening it.

which is the whole point Re security

Are you using the web browsers mobile view or desktop view?

As I have said, I do not have an Apple device so I can not check this but if you press on the email rather than tapping it, does it select the email without opening it?

If it does do any of the menus found by clicking on the three dot/line icons give you the option to view the source? 

0 Ratings