cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT email Alias

Go to solution

My email address used to be AT btopenworld.com but now since a password update it has reverted to AT btinternet.com

How can I change it back?

Jon

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT email Alias

Go to solution

The 2 are totally interchangeable, you can use either. Personally, I would stick with using AT btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yes I understand but when I send or reply to email, people are expecting the openworld address.  It has been like that for over 20 years now - I would prefer this

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@JonM1 wrote:

Yes I understand but when I send or reply to email, people are expecting the openworld address.  It has been like that for over 20 years now - I would prefer this

As has already been posted the Openworld email address and the BT Internet email addresses are interchangeable. 

Openworld no longer exists and no new email addresses can be made with that suffix just in the same way as you can not use your Talk21 email account without the BT Internet suffix. BT are consolidating all legacy email accounts so that they can be used on the BTMail system without having to maintain all the "old" systems. 

You should send an email to all your contacts and advise them that from now on all your emails will be sent from your BT Internet email address. At present, if however they still use the Openworld suffix it will still be delivered to your email account.  

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok thanks.  Guess I will have to manage this !

0 Ratings