cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

BT email In box not showing mails

Since sometime last evening I've been unable to see anything in my in box. All I see is an Error message box that says 'Sorry we are experiencing issues with the service. Please try again later.' When I click OK in that message all I see is the In box page with 'No message found'. I can see that new messages arrive as they flag up when they arrive but can't see the messages

I can see all the mails in the outbox, the drafts, the spam etc etc.

I've tried rebooting and signing out and back in but still unable to see anything in the inbox.

Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT email In box not showing mails

Since posting I've spent an hour and a half plus on the on-line chat to BT. I've tried clearing all cookies/cache with no improvement. I've tried a different browser (I use Edge, but downloaded and tried Chrome) - no change, still not seeing anything in the inbox, although I can see the stuff in every other folder, outbox, spam etc. I can also see when new emails arrive when the little blue warning box pops up, but I then don't see them or any of the others in the inbox itself. All very frustrating - especially when the chat with BT timed itself out and disappeared!

Come on BT this isn't customer service!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

This is still an issue for me over four days/72 hours later - when after a second on line chat and resetting passwords numerous times and checking other settings, I was promised off line support in a timescale of 24 to 72 hours. No offline support has yet materialised.

I can't see any emails in my inbox, but all other folders , sent, spam, trash all work OK. Thankfully I can see the inbox emails on my mobile but it is really frustrating and annoying that it's not working on my laptop. Can anyone offer any thoughts/advice please?

Rod

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Have you found a solution? I'm having exactly the same problem and can't get in touch with anyone at BT.  I just don't know what to do!!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

No - I still have the issue and as I posted yesterday, the promised support has not happened. Thankfully I can see my in box on my mobile (although not all the older emails can be accessed that way which may become an issue if/when I need to find something older than a few months). I shall see if I can access help again, probably tomorrow. This may push me away from BT for broadband, email etc.......

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

Many ISPs, like BT. no longer provide an email service for new customers, as there are plenty of free ones, like Gmail, that work reliably.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Thanks Keith.

I have a Gmail account as well as my BT email. The Gmail account is much newer and I have tended to use it for certain things rather than everything. It's been useful having two accounts for various reasons. The BT debacle is frustrating because I will lose a lot of historical communication, some with personal/emotional meaning to me,  if I can't get it back. As I posted earlier I will chase it up again with BT tomorrow.

It does seem that a number of people have this issue so I'm hoping that it is something that BT are aware of and may resolve for us all at some point.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

@Rod1883 

You could try using an email client like Thunderbird, configured as IMAP. You should then see all your folders, and if you also add your Gmail account, you can copy the BT contents over to Gmail easily. It also gives you the means to make a backup copy of all your mail.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Thanks Keith

I admit I'll have to look up what all that means! I will chase BT again tomorrow as well.

Rod

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

0 Ratings