cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT email on iPhone running IOS 18 not picking up "read" mark

Go to solution

I use BTmail on the BT web app, my MacBook, iPad and iPhone. Since upgrading my iPhone to IOS 18, the mail app on the iPhone is not synchonising "read" status with the BT server. When I read a message on the BT Web app, my iPad or my MacBook, it is automatically marked as "read" on those devices, but remains unread on the iPhone.

This only occurs with BTmail. I also have Gmail and iCloud accounts, and they correctly mark the message as read on my iPhone when I read it on my MacBook.

I have tried deleting the BTinternet mail account on my iPhone and reinstalling it, but that makes no difference. I have checked that the incoming mail server is using IMAP. Port 993, using SSL with password authentication.  The outgoing server uses SMTP.  The settings on my iPhone are the same as on my iPad. The only difference seems to be the upgrade to IOS 18 on the iPhone.

Anyone else having this problem following the IOS 18 update?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT email on iPhone running IOS 18 not picking up "read" mark

Go to solution

@mcdonald_ajr 

Perhaps not what you want as a reply. But for what it’s worth I’m using the iPhone’s default  Mail app for my BT email account. And it seems to be working fine. So have to ask, what’s the benefit in using the BT Mail app? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I am using the native iPhone mail app. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Well, in that case it’s working fine on my iPhone 11 with iOS 18.0. I can read and delete emails on the iPhone and it’s updated correctly on my PC’s email client. Does that help?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Does it work the other way round? If I read an email on my MacBook, it is not marked as read on my iPhone. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes. Works for me. Reading an email on the PC updates the email as read on the iPhone too. You may have already tried this, but have you re-started the iPhone? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, I tried restarting the iPhone.

Amazingly, after a few days of this not working, it has suddenly started working again this morning. I haven't changed anything, so I assume someone somewhere turned something off and on again!

Thanks for helping. 

Anthony

0 Ratings