cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT server rejecting emails from my Windows 10 PC using EM Client

Go to solution

Over the past year I have had times when Bt server has rejected emails sent from my Windows 10 PC using EM Client.  The error message suggests that either the content or protocols are not compatible.  It can't be the content as I have tried sending a simple test message and this is rejected.  I have also checked that my local accounts match those in BT for name & password.  I have sometimes changed my password to see if that helps; but it doesn't.  After a few days my test message miraculously is sent from my outbox and all is well again.  However it recurs every so often.  Also from time to time messages are not sent from the BT server;  but again this corrects itself within a few hours.  This seems to point to a problem at the BT server but BT support always insists that it is a protocol problem with EM Client.  Anybody had the same problem and if so how did you resolve it?  Interestingly when I have this issue I send the same messages from my Gmail account , using EM Client and they are never rejected.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT server rejecting emails from my Windows 10 PC using EM Client

Go to solution

The briefest of perusals of the forum would reveal many such reports of problems with BT servers.

Sometimes simply changing your public IP address by disconnecting your broadband for half an hour or so can resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks.  I will try that if it happens again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I had the same problem again & tried your suggestion.  It worked & messages were sent.  Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings