cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT 'yahoo' mail issue

Hi All,

Hoping you can help - I have @btinternet.com email account that used to be hosted by yahoo.

For the last week I can receive but not send email on my MacBook. The emails just sit in the outbox and then after a while ask for me to confirm account password. I have checked the account settings and the password is set.

Tried yahoo mail and cannot log in - just an old unused linked account pops up.

Tried logging into bt.com/email and it has no issue with the username and password but keeps defaulting straight back to the log in screen ( tried a wrong password and it stated so) 

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT 'yahoo' mail issue

I m having same problem … not sure what to do either !
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@benlee100 

Your BTMail account has nothing to do with Yahoo and as such you will not be able to use the Yahoo logon page.

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email account via BT Premium email account?

What happens when you try to log on using this link?

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks GG - it did have a link with Yahoo 15 years ago when the account was set up - that's how I would log into web email years ago.

BT fibre customer - 1 GB line

As stated - when I log in to the BT mail app nothing happens, it just flashes like loading then resets to the log in page.

Any Ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

BT severed all ties with Yahoo many years ago and moved all the accounts onto the BTMail system so Yahoo is no longer relevant to your email account. It is now wholly a BT product.

What happens when you try to log in using the link I posted?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

when i log in using your link - it goes through authentication - then resets to the log in screen.  I've tried a wrong password and it will not authenticate and states wrong username or password. Strange one. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I also occasionally get this problem. I tried it using a "fresh" browser that I had not used much and it logged on OK.
So I think that sometimes cookies are stored in the browser that somehow defeat the login process.
Maybe clearing the browser cache would help, though I haven't tried that as yet.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

As per @chrisjp post I would suggest that you first try clearing your browser's history and cookies.

While this won't help with the BTMail app it will hopefully allow you to log onto your email account and will rule out or in any problem with the email account. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks both @chrisjp - ive tried firefox ( I never use this browser) cleared all caches and history (from all time) and it logged in through authentation. then once loaded got a red 'you are not logged into email' box so clicked onto the log in button and its back to stage 1, log in, refreshed back to the log on screen.

Any bt internet numbers to call that might help?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@benlee100 

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings