cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Blocked Sender

Go to solution

That would be a good trick. Port 465 is encrypted, plain SMTP is port 25. Port 995 is the encrypted POP3 port not SMTP.

Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

I can't answer this right now as I'll have to contact her and see if she has any other contacts who use BT.  If she has, I'll also ask her to see if emails to them get rejected.

By the way, Iad a rather odd addition to your response which read: 

Single word responses to advice offered in this Community Forum do not help its members to help you, please give as much information as you can when replying

Without knowing why or by whom this was added, it is worth pointing out that the post to which I was replying contained no advice whatsoever and asked a single, specific question which I answered in full.  If a member needs further information they need to ask for it - respondents are not clairvoyant.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

@Grumpysam  That is @Les-Gibson  signature which will be appended to all his posts.

Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

Thank you, but I regret that this post is beyond my level of competence.  However, it may be worth saying that we have been receiving emails from my sister-in-law for over 10 years.  This problem arose about 5 days ago.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

I very much doubt that it is the problem.

Are you sure you haven't inadvertently blocked the whole Gmail domain, there have been several instances of that in the past. Check again in webmail to make absolutely sure.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

Fairly certain as I have checked all my blocked sender lists  except 1.  This includes iPhone, MacBook Pro and iMac.  The only one I have been unable to check is the iPod which is why I performed the test with all my devices switched off to remove it from the equation.  Also, my brother-in-law sent me an email via gmail.com at the same time as his wife during the test.  Hers was blocked but I received his without a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

Don't take it personal, it's just a footer that goes at the bottom of all my posts.

You'd be surprised how many people don't give full details and then respond with just one word to the advice offered, I'm just pointing out that they're not helping themselves in so doing 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

Do you have any antivirus software installed or active that could be blocking the address?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

I have 2 which I use, Bitdefender and Dr Antivirus.  However, these are not the full versions but 'scan only' which I use to check that nothing nasty has infected my hard drives.  Neither of them has any specific abilities aimed at, for example, scanning incoming emails.  I have used them both for at least 10 years, the last time I ran them was on Sunday.  Happily, they have never found anything to report.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

In response to Les Gibson's asking whether my sister-in-law can email other btinternet accounts the answer is NO.  Unfortunately she had no-one in her contacts who used BT so I asked a friend if we could use her account to test the result by sending her an email.  We did that and the email was blocked.  

0 Ratings