cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Blocking senders in spam folder

I have received a lot of spam email recently, some goes directly to Junk folder, some I have to move to that folder.  I used to be able to select all of these messages and block sender on all of them at once.  (Can't block domain as they are often from gmail accounts).  The new upgrade of email now won't let me do that - I have to select each one and block each sender individually.  Sometimes I have 20 in one day - is there any way of blocking all the senders at once which saved so much time?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Blocking senders in spam folder

There is no way to select them all and block them. Just mark them as spam. 

You are wasting your time blocking spam emails. The spammers constantly change the email address that they send spam on.

Blocking is only of any use when you are blocking an email address from a genuine email address or domain that you no longer wish to receive emails from.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

I am fully aware they constantly change email addresses but there are times when they repeatedly use the same domain which I want to block. Maybe I am wasting my time but that’s my choice. Just don’t understand why this functionality has been removed when it wasn’t doing any harm.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

If spammers are using the same domain repeatedly you only need to block that domain once for all future emails from that domain to be blocked and as such you would not need to use the multiple move function to block them all for that to happen.

You could then use the multiple function to move any emails with that domain that are already in your inbox to the spam folder or delete them.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Good afternoon.

It would be helpful to know why BT decided to remove this option to manage Spam Emails in blocks at a time, rather than individually, as it used to be.

Message 6 of 19

thank you, I am aware that I can block a domain

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

@Jillym123 

I replied because you said " I am fully aware they constantly change email addresses but there are times when they repeatedly use the same domain which I want to block"which inferred to me that you did not know that blocking the domain once would work for all the emails using the same domain when they were repeatedly using it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Thanks for your reply to this question.

Perhaps, as you say, it's a waste of time blocking the sender / domain as they'll move on to a new address for the next batch of spam. I've always felt though that by flagging the messages as spam it was a way to notify BT that there was an issue with messages from that email address, and if multiple people flag the same domain then BT could take action to stop those messages ever getting to our, or others, spam folders.

The change from selecting multiple messages to block to now only being able to select them one at a time does feel like a step backwards. Even if once a domain has been blocked all future messages from there are blocked, us less knowledgeable or slightly OCD users, for thoroughness, will laboriously report and block new spam messages one at a time as that's now the only option available.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

I'm having the same issue although not as many spam messages per day. Seems a backward step not reduce that functionality. Hopefully some tech wizz in BT can sort it out. Not sure their UAT was much use....test it properly before introducing it into production - hardly rocket science!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Hi, 

I am suddenly receiving lots of spam whereas previously had little. 

However, when I need it, my "block domain" has disappeared (greyed out), and I can only delete.  Do you know why, or how to change? 

Many thanks

Sharon 

0 Ratings