cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Bt Email font changes

Go to solution

This happened overnight .... and, yes, it is difficult to read my emails now. The new font is not user friendly and I am unsure as to whether BT per ce actually reached out to its customers to discuss this new font - and if not, who chose it!!!!!  It is dreadfully difficult to read emails now.....and, no, havent found a way of changing back - is there a way anyone??

Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

It's the browsers falling back to a different font as the style sheet that's being requested by the JavaScript within the website is causing a CORS error as the requesting origin is not in the allowed list.

Once the requesting origin is added to the allowed list the BT font should be loaded correctly.

For security reasons browsers will block cross-origin HTTP requests made from scripts that are not specifically allowed.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS

Message 13 of 22

Re: Changing the display font on the email web interface

Go to solution
Everyone has the same question but answer came there none! The change seems to have happened on Chrome but not on Edge. Is this significant? Totally infuriating!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution
The Distinguished Guru was posting an answer at the same time as me. Trouble is, I don't understand it! It seems to suggest the problem will sort itself out, though. I hope so!
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

@SteveB21 

Essentially once BT have fixed the CORS issue the original BT fonts should load correctly and the browser should render the font correctly.

As to why it may be ok in another browser compared to in chrome. Could be down to chrome implementing a stricter CORS policy or even the resources are cached.

Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Firefox wont load it at all!  Saying BT have problems?!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

So I have had a look, and further to Distinguished Guru's comment had a look at the browser settings for websites etc. Seems Firefox and MS Edge are preset for Times New Roman.

In fire fox you goto, Tools/Settings/General/Fonts and can change the defaults there.

In MS Edge goto, Settings/Apperance/Fonts and change it there.

This seems to have worked for me 😀

Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks Natasha. I use Chrome but following your logic found the settings and appearance from which I have successfully managed to change the font and font size. Good luck everyone.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

YES!! Well done!
Thank you.
I've now gone for Helvetica.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Hey @ParkBVP.

Welcome to the community.

If you take a look at this community page: Solved: Bt Email font changes - Page 2 - BT Community. There's some really helpful information which could help.

Let me know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

0 Ratings