cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can't access My BT or webmail on Edge

Go to solution

Yesterday I tried to log in to My BT with the password I have used for some time. For the first time, I saw the information about BT email being changed. My password was rejected twice, so I changed it, following the route provided. The new password was also rejected when I tried again. Because the BT ID password and email password are now the same, Outlook was unable to access my BT email until I updated the email password as well.

I went through the same process as before and reset the BT ID password again. I still cannot log in to my BT account as it continues to reject the now twice-changed password. I cannot access my BT email mailbox directly as I am taken to the BT ID login when I try to get there. Accessing BT email through Outlook is no problem after updating the stored password.

I have updated Edge to the latest version, which is well beyond the required version as stated elsewhere on the BT website.

I find that I have no problem accessing My BT using Chrome.

Suggestions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't access My BT or webmail on Edge

Go to solution

Hi @Derek_1947 thanks for posting, is it possible that the Edge browser has remembered your previous password and is automatically filling it in?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

It's not only possible but it is true that Norton Password is filling in the password but that's easy to check and the correct value is being used each time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Derek_1947 The only other suggestion I can think of if you haven't tried already is to clear your cookies. It's possible Edge is doing something strange based on your attempt to log in before changing the password. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Neil, what is going into the entry fields is absolutely correct. I have now tried to log in with several of the secondary email accounts. None of these work in Edge but all are OK in Chrome. I cleared all cookies two days ago, this is the first attempt to get into My BT since then.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

What version of Edge are you using. The most up to date is Version 121.0.2277.83.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
That is exactly the version I am using. I installed the update yesterday morning, after these problems started.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Problem solved: 1 had alowed a cookie to slip in when I wasn't looking! Cleared it and all was well.

0 Ratings