cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Can’t access email

Hello. I hope someone on here can help me. Since yesterday I have been locked out of my email and all attempts to recover it lead nowhere but a blank white screen. 

I’ve been a btinternet email account holder for 25 years. My dad set the account up for me as I was a kid at the time (I’m now 40)

Yesterday I was informed that due to my account being potentially compromised it has been locked for my security? I tried to reset the password but needed security answers (from 25 years ago!).  I phoned bt email helpline but they wanted to speak to my dad because my email account is still linked to his? He phoned them and managed to recover the security answers.

But now when I attempt to log in via “forgotten your login details” I get nowhere. I type in my email address and go through captcha, it loads for ages, then a blank white screen, and nothing else happens. Sometimes it just loops back to the forgotten your login details again, but mostly it just freezes on a white screen. Eventually I get a message saying safari can’t open the page. 

I’ve tried on safari, chrome and on my iPhone. I’ve deleted cache/history etc. I’ve been through all previous messages on here and see others might be having similar problems.

can anyone please help? 

thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can’t access email

@CDouglas1983 I'm really sorry you're experiencing problems recovering your email account, there are known problems with MyBT at the moment which may be causing the blank screen. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

We're quite busy at the moment so it may take longer than usual for us to respond.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings