cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: Can’t access my emails.

Dear Distinguished Sage,

Can you explain that a little more, please?  They all go through the same BT router.

westwaleswoman

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

Yes, but if you are using a mail app rather than a browser on the iPhone and iPad, they will access servers in a different way

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 37

Exactly the same problem here in Swansea..... think it must be a general problem.... can get in just using my mobile so probably going through a different access

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

I am having the same problem and my computer is less than a year old, plus I can get emails on my mobile so must use a different access or something.... its not your computer as many seem to be having the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

Dear Distinguished Sage,

Yes, I do use the apps on my iPhone and iPad.

I have just gone to the Apple store on my desktop and it says it’s for iPads and iPhones.  I used to use the iMail app on my iMac but that no longer works.  It closes down immediately after opening. I can’t remember properly but I think this happened at about the same time as BT changed its website from Yahoo to their own.  

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

Dear BobEw,

Thank you for your two replies.

Have any of the others who are having the same problem come up with any kind of solution yet?  

I was rung by BT this morning and was told that there was some problem with illegal activity on my  line - at least that is what I think she said.  I wasn’t sure the person who rang me was genuinely from BT so I rang off and rang BT myself.  She was in fact genuine but the person I spoke to checked and said there was no problem with my email and agreed with the previous diagnosis ie that it’s my operating system preventing me from accessing my emails on my computer.

I’m not sure where to go next other than getting my operating system upgraded, which I had intended to do anyway, although by what you are saying this is unlikely to help.  

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

Its probably not your operating system... I am having the same problem and my computer is less than 12 months old.  If I try load BT.Com it says it is not safe and will not load!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

@westwaleswoman  Did you try my possible solution?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Dear Distinguished Sage,

I looked on the Apple Store but did not find Bluemail.  That’s when I looked at the Apple email app.  I will try another app later.  I have to do something else now but thank you for your suggestion.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

@westwaleswoman  Its totally confusing who you are replying to. Use the @ attribution function to attribute your replies.

If you type the @ symbol a list of contributors to the thread appears, select the one you are replying to. Distinguished sage is not an individual, it is a ranking applied by the forum to more than one person.