cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

Can’t access my emails.

I use an iMac desktop and for the last  two days have been unable to access my emails on this machine.  I can access them on my iPad and iPhone.  

After I have entered my username and password all I get on the screen is a small rectangle with BT written inside and underneath three pulsating spots.  Nothing happens after this.

Can anyone tell me how I can deal with this, please?

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: Can’t access my emails.

Try deleting your browser cookies and cache

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 37

Ditto, but on laptop running windows. No email for a week now. What is the answer please. ???

Mike.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 37

Deleted my browser cookies and cache and still the same.

BT logo and dots. Worked for a while on old https but no go on new one. (or old one.)

Mike.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 37

Thank you for your reply to my problem re- logging on to my emails.  I tried deleting the history and cookies on my computer but it didn’t make any difference.  I have since rung BT. And they couldn’t help either.  My computer operating system needs upgrading and the BT person I spoke to thought this was probably the source of the problem since I can access my emails on my phone and iPad.  That’s my next step.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

Its extremely unlikely to be anything to do with your operating system.

Can you access your mail at the direct login https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

Message 7 of 37

Thank you for your reply.

It didn’t work on mine as well so I rang BT.  They couldn’t help either but suggested the fault may be with my computer since I can access emails on my phone and iPad.

My computer is nearly 10 years old and probably needs an operating system upgrade.  I regularly updated it when Apple sent upgrades but when they stopped, so did I, thinking my computer was probably too old to be able to ‘take’ the new upgrades.  The BT person I spoke to thought this could be the problem.  Luckily (I hope) I have found a local computer shop which has offered to upgrade it for me so my next step is to take them up on this offer.  Failing that, I think I need to buy a new computer.  Most computers, even iMacs, don’t last forever.  

I don’t know whether this is relevant to your problem.  If not, perhaps BT would be able to help you.  The number I rang was 0330 1234 150.  It’s free from a BT line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 37

Dear distinguished sage,

I normally access my emails on my computer via the website.  That appears to be the problem.  I access them on my iPad and phone via the BT app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 37

Are you able to use some other person's computer to log onto your email using a web browser. This would show if the problem is with your computer or at BT's end. 

If you can get your email on your other devices I suspect that you may be using an email app on those devices. If so can you try using an email app on your iMac rather than using a web browser. This would at least let you use your email until such times as the problem get identified and fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 37

Dear distinguished sage,

Stupidly I hadn’t thought of using another computer to see if I can access my emails on that.  I will try a friend’s computer tomorrow.  

I have never worked out how to access apps on my computer but I do use apps on my phone and iPad to open my emails.  Perhaps you can tell me how to on my computer?

Thank you for your suggestions.

0 Ratings