cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 37

Re: Can’t access my emails.

Just tried wife's computer and got in ok, but here's a thing, when I checked the https, it is still opening on the old one which was the one which worked on my computer. When I try and use this link on my laptop, it changes to the new log in https as I watch it load.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 37

@westwaleswoman wrote:

I have never worked out how to access apps on my computer but I do use apps on my phone and iPad to open my emails.  Perhaps you can tell me how to on my computer?

Thank you for your suggestions.

@westwaleswoman

An email app on your iMac will work in the same way as it does on your iPhone and iPad.

If there is not already an email app installed on your iMac you need to log onto the Apple Store and select an email app. I don't use Apple so I can not recommend one to you but I do use Bluemail which I believe is available for Macs.

Setting it up is pretty straight forward and it should more or less set its self up.

If you do need any settings they are in this link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 37

Just tried the link in one of the first posts and same result. BT logo and dots moving round. Why on earth do the BT engineers break something that was working ok in the first place ?

Mike.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 37

Hi @sparkymike,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having issues accessing your email on your Laptop.

What Operating System and Browser is your Laptop running?

You said it was working okay on your wife's computer from your earlier post. What operating system and browser is her computer running?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 37

Hi sparkymike,

It happens a lot.  Things get “improved” but are not always better than what went before.

I didn’t manage to try a friend’s computer yesterday but will see if I can today.

I saw the reply from the moderator and will answer him re- my computer in a few minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 37

I suspect the problem is just one server in the farm faulty. You can try disconnecting your Hub from line for about half an hour. This should give you a different IP address and possibly a connection to a different server.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 37

Hi PaddyB,

My operating system on my iMac is OSX El Capitan and I use Safari as. Browser.

westwaleswoman

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 37

Dear Distinguished Sage,

But my I can access my emails on my iPad and phone which suggests it’s not the server, doesn’t it?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

No, because they will probably be accessing a different server.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 37

Hi, wife's compter is windows 10 and browser is Google.

Mine is windows vista and using either Google of Firefox.

Mike

0 Ratings