cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can't connect to webmail service

Go to solution

Hi

I can't connect to the webmail server unless I have my VPN running.  Without the VPN all I get is a web error page, can't find server, check DNS etc.  With the VPN running everything works fine.  This problem is with different browsers and I 've tried different devices.  I can get email through a mail client with no problem.  I've restarted my router.

I'm assuming BT is blocking my router ip address.

Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't connect to webmail service

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium Email account?

Are you using a BTMail email account?

Are you using a BT connection or are you using another network?

Are you in the UK.

Are you using a BT hub?

If you are using a BT hub have you tried a factory reset of the BT hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds?

What device are you using to access your email.

If you are a Talk Talk customer TalkTalk DNS for bt.com has been down for days. TalkTalk users can't access any BT services, causing so many calls and complaints being raised with BT.

There's a 3 day old thread on the TalkTalk forums with no reply from them so far.

Home - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

gg30340

Thank you for the reply; that's a lot of questions.

I'm a premium email account holder, nearly moved back to BT but TalkTalk coaxed me back again.

So yes, I'm on TalkTalk.

In terms of what devices I'm using:  Mac Mini/ Dell Laptop. and an iPad.  None of which can access webmail, all of which can get mail via a client Thunderbird/Mail/Gmail (android).  I can access webmail on all of them if I engage a VPN. 

So I guess the problem lies with TalkTalk rather than BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

OK, so....

...I went onto my TalkTalk dashboard on the KidsSafe setting I added BT.com as a site to be allowed to connect to and hey presto it worked.

I then switched Kidsafe off and then back on (this clears the allowed sites), and it still worked, ( I was expecting it not to) .  It seems that somehow this process has kickstarted my access to BT again.

Thank you for the hint as to where the problem lies

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

There was reports in press of TT customers  having problems accessing BT email addresses 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings