cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Cant login to email when using a VPN as of 23rd Feb

Go to solution

Before 23rd Feb pm I could login to my webbased btemail account when using my VPN on my phone. Then suddenly starting yesterday that stopped working. I now have to stop the vpn service then login. Once logged in I can access the email just fine.

Why did this change. I use Express VPN.

I am puzzled. Also is there an app based email access system I know BT make one but it gets rubbish reviews, I have tried outlook and spike with no success.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Cant login to email when using a VPN as of 23rd Feb

Go to solution

The VPN that you are using may be using a "blacklisted" IP address. If you can select a different IP address you should try it and see if that works.

You could try Bluemail or Aquamail email apps on your phone.

When setting it up the settings you may need are here.

What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I installed Aquamail and then Bluemail. Neither work when I am NOT using the VPN or when I do. I use "OtherEmail" and use my email details and password, username of email address OR just plain andy nehan, SSL, port 993 but get a response of "3010 Email server returned NO access denied." Should I be selecting some other service??

It has to be said that changing access without advising users is pretty crass.

Andy

Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

BT have not changed access to your email. There is obviously a fault/problem some where.

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Also tried Outlook, same thing there.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I am a sole trader but dont use my btconnect.com username and email address as I have sole trader to get a fixed IP address. I have always used my BT email address of. Today back in UK the UK Docklands site seems to give access so perhaps its something to do with the general UK Express VPN address.

BTW I would like to gain access to email via a IMAP type service on my android phone so that I can have access to my emails when offline. But so far no joy.

Andy

Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

First of all delete your email address, this is a public forum and you will attract more spam than you know how to deal with.

If you have a business account but don't have a residential account, your residential email address will have been downgraded to basic and only accessible via webmail and not via any mail app.

Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

That makes sense, I will pay the extra to upgrade then try again.

BTW how do I delete my posting with email address.?

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Click on the three dots at the right hand side of the message box and select edit reply.

EDIT: Post crossed with you having edited it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

You can't delete the whole post, you can only edit and then only for an hour after posting.

0 Ratings