cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Corrupt email message

@lookingforsupport  As a test, have you tried temporarily configuring the email account on a different app or preferably on a different device to rule in or out it being a server problem?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Thanks for your input. I received and responded to the same msg from David M  -  sage,

thanks again

t

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@lookingforsupport Sorry, you responded that you were successful with webmail, not that you had used a different client/app on a different device. Can you confirm you have tried that please? There is a subtle difference.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Of course, I understand.  I added her account to my mac mail without a problem. 

Furthermore, when I was given her iPad there was a different mail app which had been installed by a local computer repair shop, but my friend didn't like it  -  though it worked perfectly (apart from being turgid to start up.)  I removed it.

Unfortunately her iPad is quite old (10+ years I believe) and some apps won't install. I did try to install a mail app from the App store, but the iPad wouldn't cooperate.

thanks for your reply

t

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

In which case it unfortunately looks as though the problem resides with the mail app on your friend's iPad rather than the server.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

I would have to agree with your there @licquorice .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

@lookingforsupport wrote:

Of course, I understand.  I added her account to my mac mail without a problem. 

Furthermore, when I was given her iPad there was a different mail app which had been installed by a local computer repair shop, but my friend didn't like it  -  though it worked perfectly (apart from being turgid to start up.)  I removed it.

Unfortunately her iPad is quite old (10+ years I believe) and some apps won't install. I did try to install a mail app from the App store, but the iPad wouldn't cooperate.

thanks for your reply

t

It might have been helpful if you had mentioned all that before now however it reinforces what I said about it being an email app problem and not a BT issue with her account.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

OK. Humble apologies  -  I will waste no more of your time

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

No need to apologise but if you are looking for assistance it is always best to give as much information as possible as well as what you have already done to try and resolve the problem. It saves going over old ground and may assist those trying to help you diagnose the problem.

0 Ratings