cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

DMARC settings

Go to solution

I’m getting Mail rejection problems. I’m told this is because in my DMARC settings there is something called p=reject and I should change this to p=none. How can I do this please?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: DMARC settings

Go to solution

@Mikemuk01 

A DMARC check record is managed by the domain owner in their DNS records for that domain.

The policy (p) tag value of 'reject' means that if the checks fail then the recipients email server is to reject the email using this domain where the check has failed.

Make sure you're using an authenticated and trusted mail server for your email domain you are sending from. Check your SPF record too

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for your explanation. How can I get it changed please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

You should only need to make those changes if you are not a BTMail customer.

See the following link. If you email the BT Postmaster he should be able to help. If you do not get a reply keep trying and the will eventually reply.

BT Email - best practices for postmasters and senders of email | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Is this a domain you use or are you referring to the btinternet.com domain? If the latter this is managed by BT and the symptoms you are seeing is likely down to a misconfiguration on your email client trying to send @btinternet.com emails from an untrusted email server.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you again. I have emailed the Postmaster and hopefully will get an answer sometime

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

You haven't said how you are sending the mails.

Are you sending via BT email servers, your domain provider's servers or your own server?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I’m using a website called Convertkit. I intend to put a post on Facebook offering a free gift. Readers can then click a link that takes them to a page on Convertkit where they are asked to enter their email address. An email should then be sent to them with a link to the downloadable gift. Testing this with family members showed that several of them did not get the response email and Convertkit customer service told me I should change the DMARC settings from p=reject to p=none. This is what I’m trying to find out how to do

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Aside from the dubious nature of what it is you are doing, it is Convertkit that need to make any settings. Nothing to do with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@Mikemuk01 

Did you use your @btinternet.com email address as the from email in convertkit? If so you can't do that and need to get your own email domain first.

See their guidance that states you need to use your own domain to send emails so you can correctly sign and have the authenticity checks done correctly https://intercom.help/convertkit/en/articles/2502505-why-do-i-need-my-own-domain-to-send-email