cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6

Deleted email accounts

Hi, I understand that when an @btinternet.com email account is deleted, after 60 days, BT themselves make the contents non recoverable but merely wondered what is their actual process of doing this. How do they delete the data in such a way to make it non-recoverable? Sounds daft but serious and polite answers only please. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deleted email accounts

They delete it from the BT servers no doubt using a shredding program which over writes the data numerous times thereby making it un recoverable.

This ensures compliance with data protection rules.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Ok thanks I had read things like that where companies in general may overwrite with 0s, then 1s then just random data etc. but then conflicting things where others somehow keep it available even though it's "deleted". Not sure what their timeline would be from customer deletion to full server deletion if that makes sense but I'd estimate maybe a couple of months after the 60 days have passed. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Any ideas regarding my previous reply would also be appreciated please. No rush..again polite answers only. Been made to feel foolish over other things before. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Anonymous wrote:

Any ideas regarding my previous reply would also be appreciated please. No rush..again polite answers only. Been made to feel foolish over other things before. 

Having checked over your previous posts and given that I replied to them without knowingly making or intending to make you feel foolish, I will now play safe and refrain from answering any more of your questions in case it makes you feel foolish.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Sorry forgive my sensitivity. Just been one of them days. I'm happy and grateful for whatever advise you may give. Thanks 

0 Ratings