cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Deleting emails.

Since the new Bt email page I have been unable to delete bulk emails.  I use to be able to by holding down the shift key and scrolling however this does not work. Has anyone any ideas please? I have 8000 emails and more coming!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deleting emails.

Deleting Multiple Emails

Deleting multiple emails has been posted on the forum many times.

If you want to delete multiple emails try the following.

If you hold down the shift key then tick the box to the left of the first email you want to delete in the list of emails then scroll down using the scroll bar on the right hand side and tick the last email you want to delete then release the shift key. It will select all the emails in between. You can then click delete or drag and drop them into the Trash folder. 

You can not delete as many as 8000 emails at a time though, you will need to do it in batches of about 200 at a time.

Another way you could try is to set up a new folder and drag all the emails you want to delete into that folder then delete the folder with its contents. 

Message 3 of 6

Hi, for some reason your first answer doesn't work since Bt have changed their email pages, if that makes sense?  I use to be able to do as you have said.  I will try the folder method and see if that works.  I'm not sure I'll be able to move all the emails, as I can only move 50 at a time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Why doesn't BT make it easy for their customers, as you have said this question comes up frequently.  BT why do you not put the answer on your help pages?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@debi340 wrote:

Hi, for some reason your first answer doesn't work since Bt have changed their email pages, if that makes sense?  I use to be able to do as you have said.  I will try the folder method and see if that works.  I'm not sure I'll be able to move all the emails, as I can only move 50 at a time.

What I posted was with regards to the "new" BTMail webpage.

I have just check using Microsoft Edge , Chrome and Firefox browsers and selecting emails and deleting them as I mentioned in my last message works for me.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I'm using Chrome and have a MacBook Pro, have tried again but still not working. I hold down the shift key and am using the arrows to scroll down.  Definitely not working. Is anyone experiencing this or is it just me?  Thank you for all your help and advice, wish it would just work.

0 Ratings