cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Desperately slow e-mail app

Go to solution

Anyone ease having problems with BT's email app, continually timing out when opening emails been going on since 18/08/24?

I've tried logging out and back in, no better, other applications and board band speed are good (500MBS) so it not that, seems its a problem with BTs email app as its slow on my PC and phone.

Getting quite frustrating going on for days with no word from BT.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Desperately slow e-mail app

Go to solution

Ditch the BT email app and use a different one such as Blue Mail.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks - done it - works great and simple to set up - top advice

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, I have had exactly the same problem for the last few days.  I would change to another, but reluctant to lose archive of old mails. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

You won't if your app is configured as IMAP, which I'm sure it will be.

Just configure the new app before deleting the BT app to make sure.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I accept that using another email client, such as Blue Mail, circumvents the problem, but it really should not be necessary.

Has BT given any explanation for why their email client is performing so poorly? Are they trying to resolve the issue? I would like to know that before going through the hassle of setting up a new email client.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I'm running MS Blue Mail in parallel with BT's mail app at the moment whilst I make my mind up - Blue mail was very easy to set up everything seems to have come across except contacts which only a few have migrated, but history looks good. any way as I'm running both there's no risk of losing any thing, will probably drop BT's App as soon as am confident with Blue Mail

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I've had nothing from BT, when I tried to get help through the web site I was they direct to this forum and a member suggested dumping the BT app in favor of Blue Mail - its worked for me so far.

0 Ratings