cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Do you agree that this is a spoof email?

Go to solution

I had no idea whether you had a personal subscription to McAfee or not.

I use paid for Kaspersky

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

OK - I accept that I could have clarified matters early on!

I'm a little surprised that you put the security of your computer(s) into the hands of our enemy.
That rather beggar's belief!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

@BoaterDave wrote:

YOU knew that the (spoof) email referred to McAfee - so you could have simply agreed that it was SPAM and should have been treated as such! Norton has been BT's selected AV provider for quite some time now.

As you've advised that you do not use BT's free service, what AV software do YOU use to protect your computer(s)?

Great attitude! 

If YOU suspected it was spam, as YOU obviously did when YOU   posted your first post, why did YOU have to post on this forum asking if it was spam. YOU should have known that YOU  do not have a subscription to McAfee therefore why would YOU be getting an email about your subscription to it!

Added to the fact that I informed you in my first post that the email did NOT come from BT so why are you still going on about it!

EDIT "I'm a little surprised that you put the security of your computer(s) into the hands of our enemy.
That rather beggar's belief!"

That is the most perverse response I have seen in a long time. I presume you mean Russia and if so when did the UK declare war on Russia and its people because I must have missed it! 

I take it you have your own list of who is "our" enemy or are you following some other list that has not been published to the wider public!

Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @BoaterDave

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the email you received.  To confirm and answer your question; I have reviewed the screenshot you posted as this is definitely a scam email.  See this link for guidance on how to combat scam - What is a phishing scam? Is the email I have received genuine? | BT Help

I will go ahead now and lock the thread discussion now that your question has been answered.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks,

Robbie