cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Email formatting replies

Until I discovered this forum I was beginning to think my PC had been invaded by an evil virus. Having read thro the various comments I conclude as this has only just started happening since BT changed its email format that this is another irritating aspect. Have just about got my head around all the other stuff  but the real irritation for me is formatting replies.

In my case, the cursor seems to have a mind of its own keeps going back to the beginning of the message/very unresponsive, fidddling about with the typface and typesize doesn't work,  spacing between paras is far too wide and the email reformats itself once sent into a variety of typeface sizes and text crammed together. 

The result looks incredibly unproffesional and undermines the veracity of the snotty message I have just sent to my solicitor. 

A-A-A-A-RGH!!!"

Can't find anything on settings to remedy the problem. 

Perhaps  there a piece of software I can access to remedy this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email formatting replies

Yes there is a piece of software, it's called a mail client. There are many free ones you can use. Windows 11 now comes with Outlook or there is the free to download Thunderbird. A much better way to deal with email than an ever changing web page.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Email formatting replies/unstable layout

Thank you.

Am using Windows 10/Microsoft Office 365 combo. 

Mail client software new one on me. Will investigate. 

Already got access to Outlook for backup but have struggled to transfer my address book without individually selecting each address; time consuming & irritating!

Am I right in thinking Outlook downloads emails  so less secure?

Cleared my browser seems to have helped stop my cursor going all over the place.  

The main issue with BT's new email format remains layout; specifically inconsistent typesize/typeface/line spacing in draft. 

Have discovered once I've completed my draft, (if I remember)  'select all' + typesize/typeface  then 'send' format remains stable and tightens up space. 

Another reason why  BT's new format is a pain in the wottsit. Surely unstable layout in draft is something which their boffins could/should address?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: Email formatting replies

me too and I'm on a Mac - getting angry!
0 Ratings