cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Email locked, can't unlock even with correct security answers that are accepted.

Hi. My BT Internet email account of more than twenty years and a secondary BT email account were both locked three days ago due to 'suspicious activity'. I think it's because I use a VPN and BT for some reason assumed that meant I had been hacked.

I use strong, unique passwords for every account and store them in a password safe. I am reasonably certain my accounts were not actually compromised. 

I've tried to reset them using the security questions, which are accepted, but when it asks me to enter a new password it gives me an error message saying something went wrong and asking me to try again. I've tried repeatedly over the last few days and I get the same error every time.

I called customer services a couple of days ago and they didn't know how to fix it and said they would escalate it and I would get a callback but that hasn't happened.

Is there anyone here who has any idea how I can get this fixed so I can get access to my account?

Without access to my email, I am effectively locked out of many of my online accounts which require 2FA codes via email. Needless to say, if and when I get my account back I plan on switching email providers to a competent company immediately and switching ISP when my contract expires. Not wanting the inconvenience of moving all my accounts over to a different email address or the additional expense of having to pay for BT Premium Email is the main reason I haven't switched ISPs for more than twenty years, but that doesn't apply now.halp.png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Email locked, can't unlock even with correct security answers that are accepted.

Hi @Shotgunner and welcome back.

Thanks for posting about your email problems. I'm sure I can help with the password issue. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings