cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Email not working

Email not working when i try to log in via BT website. I'm getting Error Code TS-0003. What does this mean? I can still access email via the App on my phone.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Email not working

Hi @SallyT, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. Sorry that you're getting this error when trying to access your emails.

If you are still getting this error try clearing the cookies & cache and try a different internet browser and see if it works then.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 30

Hi John,

I am getting the same error , see below.  I have cleared the cookies and cache and tried on both chrome and MS Edge.

Sorry we couldn't connect you. If you continue to experience issues, Please contact BT and quote Error Code: TS-0003. Details to Contact BT

Message 4 of 30

Hi @Lawlost,

This error message will appear if the IP address that you are using shows up as being potentially bad. It's protecting you from possible identify theft or malicious networks. Can you try access your email on the BT network or else try turn off a VPN if you have it active? Let me know how you get on, please. 

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

I can access e-mail from home laptop, cannot access via work laptop which does use a work VPN, not sure why is would be thought to be potentially bad

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

I can only access email when my PC is logged on to BT as the internet provider. If I log on via another provider I get the Error Code TS-0003. Email working fine via App. It was fixed, but has reappeared. Is it to do with BT doing updates?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

Hi,
I get this message on my work laptop (and the VPN is switched off).  It is a new thing - I have always been able to access it before.  
There must be a way to sort it.  I have tried unsuccessfully via BT chat.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

Thanks @Lawlost,

Do you know if your work VPN has a set IP address for you or does it change? Are you able to turn the VPN off on your work laptop and get access to your emails?

@SallyT it's a security update to help prevent others from trying to gain access to your account. It doesn't target other ISP's. It's targeting IP addresses that aren't trusted.

@jot1 if you check your IP address on a site such as What is my IP address or IP Location, it should tell you who your ISP is. It should tell you if you're still connected to your work through a VPN or with DirectAccess.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

I have the exact same symptoms!!!! Annoying and inconvenient!

Message 10 of 30

Mine started working again.  I think it must be a BT end where a VPN is being used.  With a lot of us working from home businesses will ensure a VPN is used for the security of their network.  Hopefully BT can white list your VPN.

0 Ratings