cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Email send limit

Go to solution

Recently my BT account was ‘secured’ because I suspect that I sent too many emails over a five-hour period and, despite a 2.5 hour online chat and a password change, the matter could not be resolved without reference to Team 2 (not quite sure who they are).  It took 48 hours for the situation to normalise.  I am anxious to avoid a repetition and therefore would appreciate knowing the email ‘send limit’ and over what period.  Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email send limit

Go to solution

From a previous post the limit is 49

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-EMAIL-How-do-I-simply-send-a-message-to-all-contacts-in-the/m-p...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly for the information.  If that's the case, when I sent 480 emails in batches of 25 (sent 2nd batch when 1st had cleared my outbox, and so on) why would BT secure/lock my account due to "unusual activity" or similar?

Is there a time factor involved i.e. 49 emails in, say, a half hour period?  

PeteB3

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Why on earth would you use a consumer grade ISP email to send 480 emails!!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks licquorice. I only need to do this once or twice annually for a non-profit charity and I know how to achieve the goal using mail merge Access/Word. I've looked at Mail Chimp (free) and, although it may be my lack of familiarity, it seems slightly complex and limited. Any further observations/help would be welcome.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I haven't used Mail Chimp personally, but I know other contributors to the forum use them successfully.

I really would consider a proper mail sender for that volume of emails.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, licquorice.

0 Ratings