cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email server not responding

Since about 10am Monday 23 September I've been unable to send or receive emails through Outlook. I get an error saying:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for XXXXXXXX@btopenworld.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for XXXXXXXX@btopenworld.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Nothing has changed at my end, it just stopped working all of a sudden. The address still works fine via webmail, and also on my iPhone and iPad. However, Outlook on my PC is where I do most of my work, and where I have all my filters set up so would prefer to get it working again, if possible.

I've tried deleting the account in Outlook and re-adding it, but the same problem persists. I've tried switching off my VPN but that makes no difference.

I'm no longer with BT as my ISP but have retained the address as a Premium option.

Any suggestions for other things to try would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email server not responding

If your email works on all your other devices using both email apps and webmail it would appear to be an Outlook problem. Have you tried the Outlook repair option.

You should also try replacing the btopenworld part of your email address with btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I tried Outlook repair with no success. I will try changing to btinternet.com.

EDIT: Same problem with btinternet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If you have changed your settings for both incoming and out going servers to btinternet I would sugest that you restart your device then try again. If it still won't work you could try restarting your router in order to get a new IP address and hopefully connected to a different BTMail server.

Message 5 of 6

Check that you have the correct BTMail settings are as per this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

Message 6 of 6

Yes, that was the first thing I checked.

0 Ratings