cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problems setting up email on Pixel 8 Pro

I got a new phone recently (Pixel 8 pro) and I am trying to add my btinternet mail account to it.

If I click on the BT website and click on Email, i can use my log in details without any problems.  But when i use those same details to try to add the account to my phone, it says "Your username or password is incorrect."

I go to mail > settings > add account > other   It asks enter your email address - which I do.  Next it asks for password and I type in the sae password i have used to log into to the Email section of the BT website.  IT says "validating server settings, then reports the above error message

I try clicking manual setup instead, with the server mail.btinternet.com and the same validation and error message occur.   I've tried this under POP3 and IMAP, which are the only options given. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems setting up email on Pixel 8 Pro

Are you presently a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above your email account may have been downgraded to a BTMail Basic account which can not be used with an email client

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I am a BT Broadband customer with a current Fibre 2 package. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Log onto your MyBT and go to "Your Products" then "Email Manage" and check your email type. It should show as "Standard".

When setting it up check you are using all the correct settings as per this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It does show as standard, yes. 

On the phone there is only one option under manual set up, which is the server information, which I have set as mail.btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You could try turning off your BTHub for half an hour and when you turn it back on it should have been issued with a new IP address and connected to a different BT mail server which may allow the email account to be set up.

While it is restarting delete the email account from your phone then restart the phone. Once the BTHub has restarted try setting the email account up again.

You could also try a different email app such as the Bluemail app which I and others on the forum use and find it to be a good app.

0 Ratings