cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

"Clearing cookies" is the generic IT advice along with turning off, then on again. However, clearing all cookies is often daunting & a nuisance as so many will contain stuff to help you navigate frequently visited web sites.

There is an option to get rid of 'BT' only cookies by going into your browser settings, going into the 'privacy & security' settings, then go into 'manage data', then you can do a search for all cookies containing, 'BT' then just delete these. Different browsers may have variations on this but principal is the same.

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 167

@MACMAC 

If you follow the advice given by @Ultraviolet13 - Message 103/116 on 15/10 page 11 of this thread, your problem should be solved.   Also, from @Stephen5000 on page 13.  And see my two posts above your original one.  It worked for me and I'm not technically an expert.

0 Ratings
Message 123 of 167

So here we are 2 months down the line & still being constantly signed out. Have deleted cookies etc. Managed to go a few days without having to sign in but now I'm at about twice a day.

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 167

Me too, I've resigned myself to it being a delightful quirk - much more stress free with a positive mental attitude...

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 167

Meanwhile................. 😄😄😄

0 Ratings
Message 126 of 167

@PaulieDDT 

It has been working perfectly for me since I followed the instructions provided by @Ultraviolet 13 (message 103, page 11 on 15/10).  Then suddenly in the last two days, it has reverted to asking me to sign in multiple times a day.  What is going on?  This is beyond frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 167

Yes, I've also noticed that I'm having to sign in often again ... was away for a few days so not yet sure how often, but more than once a week is more than usual and it's certainly more than that.

0 Ratings
Message 128 of 167

The solution is very simple.

BT need to go into their IT storage cupboard and replace the current WebMail system with the previous Yahoo system. It was feature rich, lovely design, robust, and just worked.

Even with it now being about 4 years old, is infinitely better that what BT has tried to roll out since...

EDIT

Just to reminisce, a google screenshot of the olden days. Colour tabs, photos etc etc, and compare to today, well guess that's progress for you.

yahoo.png

Message 129 of 167

Me too! It was OK for several days, then it asked me to sign in again, which I thought was OK, as the 'Keep me signed in" never worked forever -- I wouldn't have expected it to. But then it asked me to sign in a couple of days later. But it never asked me to sign in twice in one day, and it's been OK just lately. But for how long? It is unreasonable for BT to expect me to sort this out for myself following anybody's instructions. How do I know I can trust them? Somebody says they have done what 'they' said, and everything's fine now. But how can I trust them? Also, those instructions are too techy for me.

0 Ratings
Message 130 of 167

It's back for me too. Sometimes I get no more than a minute before I have to sign in again.  

Once a day I mail out to a distribution list which requires five separate emails to be open. This morning, by the time I'd entered the bcc email addresses on the fifth, the previous four were signed out. It drives me mad.  (Win10, up to date with Outlook/Office 2023).

Neil

0 Ratings