cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 167

Re: Email disconnections have returned November 2023

@Ultraviolet13 

Even though I followed your explicit instructions last time, it hasn't worked this time.  We are stymied.   What are we to do?  Does anyone have the home phone number of the CEO? 

I'm thinking of changing my log-in name to Frustrated and Infuriated!

Message 152 of 167

@Ultraviolet13wrote:

The Yahoo disconnect was both shambolic & a major step backwards, and now we're seeing the service degrade even further... 

Maybe we should start a petition to get the YAHOO platform reinstated! Everyone who had experience of it loved it (none more so than me!), hence the overwhelming whinge fest on this forum that commenced when  BT tried to roll out their own version of WebMail  😂

Message 153 of 167

@Ultraviolet13 

I chose BT over other providers when I bought my first laptop because I thought, (apart from having a BT landline) that as a large well-known and "well-respected" company, it would ensure good reliable service.  The latter term is fast losing my respect and it is becoming well-known for all the wrong reasons.

Message 154 of 167

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@Ultraviolet13wrote:

The Yahoo disconnect was both shambolic & a major step backwards, and now we're seeing the service degrade even further... 

Maybe we should start a petition to get the YAHOO platform reinstated! Everyone who had experience of it loved it (none more so than me!), hence the overwhelming whinge fest on this forum that commenced when  BT tried to roll out their own version of WebMail  😂

If you love Yahoo so much, despite its two massive hacking breaches, why don't you get a Yahoo email account and move your email over to that. It may take you a bit of effort to move but once you have done it you can say goodbye to all your apparent BT email grief. 

As BT have already stopped offering email to "new" customers it may only be a matter of time until they stop offering email to all its "old" customers so it might be prudent to move sooner than later. 

0 Ratings
Message 155 of 167

@Stephen5000 

What a good idea.  Are you going to start the ball rolling through change.org?

Message 156 of 167

@NeilO - thanks for picking this up (again). I have a detailed list of the times I was logged-off if that would help the email team with their investigations. 

Message 157 of 167

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

@Ultraviolet13wrote:

As BT have already stopped offering email to "new" customers it may only be a matter of time until they stop offering email to all its "old" customers so it might be prudent to move sooner than later. 

Well, they've already started the ball rolling to abandon the analogue landline system in the UK by 2025, which will leave many elderly customers vulnerable when they have a power cut, to having no phone communication. (Digital Voice doesn't work without electricity). Coupled that many (including my elderly mum) living in a home without a mobile signal.

Nothing will be heard about this until the first death occurs because of the lack of a simple telephone - still I guess that's progress for you...

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 167

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

@Ultraviolet13wrote:

Well, they've already started the ball rolling to abandon the analogue landline system in the UK by 2025, which will leave many elderly customers vulnerable when they have a power cut, to having no phone communication. (Digital Voice doesn't work without electricity). Coupled that many (including my elderly mum) living in a home without a mobile signal.

Nothing will be heard about this until the first death occurs because of the lack of a simple telephone - still I guess that's progress for you...

And what exactly does that moan have to do with this thread and your email problems!

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 167

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

@Ultraviolet13wrote:

And what exactly does that moan have to do with this thread and your email problems!

The 'moan' was started by you stating that BT have stopped offering email addresses to NEW customers, and I mentioned their, 'Digital Voice' as an example that they cannot now even cater to long standing older customers. As a communication company, they have somewhat lost their direction, and should treat their charter with a bit more gravitas when they got privatised from GPO...

0 Ratings
Message 160 of 167

First of all unlike you I was not moaning, I was pointing out what you could do as regards Yahoo and what BT have done with regards to BTMail and what they may do in future to BTMail

Secondly if you care to read the multiple threads on this board Home phone including Digital Voice - BT Community you will see that what you have posted about Digital Voice has been covered in multiple threads numerous times so you may wish to read some of them to see what BT are doing to mitigate your comments about power cuts, which I'm sure you will be aware also affects people who presently use cordless phones when there is a power cut.

0 Ratings