cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

There's a lot of rubbish being spouted about the quality of BT Internet's service. In my experience, having been  a customer since its launch in 1989 (?), its reliability and levels of support have always been way ahead of anything else on offer, so please don't go down that nonsense route. We have an issue currently - one that may not be entirely down to BT itself and I'm sure BT will resolve it.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 167

Having the same problem. Chrome browser. No problem on my iphone/ipad. 

Why is it not fixed yet?

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 167

@MNarshallwrote:

There's a lot of rubbish being spouted about the quality of BT Internet's service. In my experience, having been  a customer since its launch in 1989 (?), its reliability and levels of support have always been way ahead of anything else on offer, so please don't go down that nonsense route. We have an issue currently - one that may not be entirely down to BT itself and I'm sure BT will resolve it.

This thread is nothing to do with their internet/broadband service. It's about the most basic service that any IP provider offers - email. The 'nonsense' route has it's own special forum!

Message 84 of 167

@IMacDwrote:

Having the same problem. Chrome browser. No problem on my iphone/ipad. 

Why is it not fixed yet?

On your iPhone/iPad you will likely be using it's own built in MailClient hence no issue. The issue on this thread is for folk like me who use email on it's own root WebMail system.

Message 85 of 167

There was apparently a problem with an email server. If you are still having problems I would suggest that you clear all cookies and history from your web browser and then turn off your BT hub for about 30 mins. 

When you restart it should hopefully get a new IP address and be connected to a different email server.

Message 86 of 167

Thanks.  I use mail on my PC a lot hence my posting. It has been going on a while so should have been fixed. Clearing my cookies causes me a lot of hassle so unwilling to do that. 

Message 87 of 167

@IMacD wrote:

Thanks.  I use mail on my PC a lot hence my posting. It has been going on a while so should have been fixed. Clearing my cookies causes me a lot of hassle so unwilling to do that. 

Your choice!

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 167

The problem appears to have been dealt with. I have remained signed in to my email account for the last 36 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 167

As you can see I raised query this 2 weeks ago after it had been happening to me for a while

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Signing-into-email-constantly/m-p/2317222#M106875

Must be at least a month now & I have had to sign in 3 times today. 

Why don't they test things 1st? Just like the transition from Yahoo Mail debacle. Do they work in conjunction with the software engineers who migrated the TSB system from the Lloyds platform?

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 167

@gg30340wrote:

... then turn off your BT hub for about 30 mins. 

If I turn off my Sky hub, will that do the same thing? LOL

0 Ratings