cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Emails from ebay.com stopped coming through on Saturday (2 March '24)

Go to solution

When I make a purchase on eBay I will normally get a confirmation email and later an update email that the order has been posted. These emails have an email address ebay@ebay.com.

These emails stopped on Saturday evening. I should have received maybe 50 or so emails like this over the past 2 days, but none are coming through.

I am still receiving emails with the address @ebay.co.uk.

I've been on the eBay Technical Forum and found 4 other people who have the same problem. And they all have BT internet email accounts. Which means there must be a problem at the btinternet side, somehow blocking emails from ebay@ebay.com.

I'd appreciate a fix or explanation of why ebay@ebay.com emails are being blocked.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Emails from ebay.com stopped coming through on Saturday (2 March '24)

Go to solution

Tim

Thanks for logging the problem. I can confirm that I am also not receiving emails from ebay.com since Saturday. Usually receive multiple per day

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

Same problem here.

Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Same problem here.

I went into ebay account settings and changed to a different btinternet address and got nothing.

Then changed to a gmail address and all works fine, so it seems specific to btinternet addresses.

I've had this before when all my banks emails failed to get through if sent to a btinternet address (hence why I set up an alternate gmail account).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Am on the Chat with BT Support now. Let's see how that goes. Will report back.

Well it didn't go as  quickly as planned. Explained many btinternet users reporting the same issue since Saturday, and if you update eBay to another (e.g. gmail) email address, emails are being received. So the issue seems to be only with btinternet. Spent half an hour going through all my email settings (said he had to do this). No issues found. Issue has been passed to Tier 2 for investigation. Update expected within 24 - 72 hours. Have been given a reference number. Will report back any updates.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks Tony for following this up. I've been involved with global network upgrades in a prior job and some regions / network switches can fail, leaving messages in one region (eg ebay UK emails) coming through and messages from another region failing (eg ebay.com). I suspect this is network/gateway configuration issues. If so, we may also be missing any other emails from overseas back into the UK and it may not be confirmed to missing ebay.com emails. Having said that, I have just had an email come through fine from USA into my btinternet account (not from ebay).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Tim

Could definitely be a gateway configuration issue. I spent 40 years in IT, mostly as a Systems Programmer, so I know what BT are going through launching their 'new' email system, as I have been responsible for launching many new systems and upgrades.  I have other issues since they migrated me to their new email platform, and can see by other Discussions, that others are having the same problems.  Maybe they should hire me to check their programming and beta testing.   

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Have you tried adding the ebay.com domain to your Safe Senders list and have you also checked that the email address and domain are not in your Blocked Senders list.

To do that log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete".

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution
Yes, checked all of that. If you see my earlier response, you will see that I spoke with BT Support, and spent half an hour going through all my email settings. No issues found
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

@tonyj3 wrote:
Yes, checked all of that. If you see my earlier response, you will see that I spoke with BT Support, and spent half an hour going through all my email settings. No issues found

Obviously I had read your earlier response and that of the OP and the other posters on this thread other wise I would not have know what the problem was!

As the other posters never stated they had done this and you never mentioned which settings you actually did check I thought it prudent, per chance the other posters were unaware of it and in your case the CS rep and you missed it, to post about blocked sender and the safe sender, which I note you have still not mention if you added ebay.com to it,  how ever I am sorry to have wasted your time and will not bother you again.  

0 Ratings