cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Emails from ebay.com stopped coming through on Saturday (2 March '24)

Go to solution

I also checked blocked emails and whitelisted ebay@ebay.com in the BT email settings. 

As noted in my earlier post, ebay emails are coming through from @ebay.co.uk and eBay incoming messages are ok (member_name@members.ebay.com). 

But the main emails from ebay@ebay.com are not coming through to btinternet email users. We now have around 8 or 9 reported btinternet users with this symptom across the BT and eBay forums. The ebay@ebay.com messages do come through if you switch to gmail, for example.

Importantly the problematic ebay@ebay.com is the main message email address from eBay for purchases and sales. So heavy eBay users (like me) have had something like 20-30 email messages not come through just today. And this started on Saturday late afternoon/evening. Its extremely inconvenient and I've spent several hours on this today.

Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

On the eBay forum, where we're also discussing this issue, a user has reported that they switched to using gmail (instead of btinternet email) and their purchases and sales emails then came through ok from ebay@ebay.com. Others have also resorted to doing this, to work around the issue.

However, what was then interesting was that they then forwarded the newly received ebay@ebay.com emails back to their btinternet.com email address and they didn't come through (this was tested with 2 different ebay@ebay.com emails).

So the problem seems to be somehow a combination of the format of the ebay.com emails and the way btinternet email receives them.

This problem started on Saturday evening / late afternoon. What changed around this time?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

I suspect it is simply BT's spam filters doing their usual thing.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Same problem for me. Made two ebay purchases yesterday and no email confirmations or dispatch notifications. Hope BT fix it soon.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your posts!

I'm just posting back to confirm this has been investigated and is all fixed now.  I am sorry for any inconvenience caused folks.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Are the missing emails lost, or will we eventually receive them?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Robbie

Many thanks for the update.

Can you confirm what the problem was please.

I have not received any emails from eBay yet, so cannot confirm if fixed or not, but hopefully others can confirm if they are now receiving emails. 

Tony 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
This is what happened last time we had a similar problem.

I think they were marked as spam and rejected, therefore lost, and I do not think there is a way for eBay to resend them.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

I'm having a (relatively) quiet eBay day today, so no expected emails received yet (from ebay@ebay.com).

So can't yet confirm whether the problem is fixed.

Will post when I have some news at my end.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

OK, 3 emails have come through (Order Updates from ebay@ebay.com), at the same time as the 3 notifications (on iPhone), so all looks good!