cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Emails stuck in Outbox-can this be IP Address related?

Go to solution

Its not an insignificant detail, its a means of establishing which of the 2 scenarios I posited earlier is the problem and how to go about resolving it.

If your account is showing as Premium mail, it would appear the problem lies with the particular server you are connecting to. Have you tried disconnecting your line for half an hour or so to obtain a different IP address and see if that resolves things? If not, try it.

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you, Licquorice-I understand that you were trying to ascertain what the problem is, but I think I replied in more than one reply that I *am* a BT Premium customer & it felt to me that we were covering basics unnecessarily. But I hear you:). 

When you suggest disconnecting my line-do you mean my router? My phone line? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I have a feeling that BT (server)? seems to think my IP address is something it isn't, but my confusion is over the fact that the IP Address that "What's My IP Address" brings up...*is* the same one as what the BT error message quotes too. The IP Address that is different is the one associated with my broadband provider/router. 

I'm going to phone BT Premium Mail later and may also try and speak to my internet/broadband provider again-though when I first spoke to them-they pointed me in the direction of BT.  

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

I realise that you have stated numerous times that you are a Premium Mail customer, the point we were trying to ascertain is do BT's systems agree with that assertion or have you inadvertently been downgraded without your knowledge. Checking in MyBT would verify that.

I had forgotten you were an Hyperopic customer rather than BT so the disconnect scenario isn't relevant.

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
Thank you, and I hear you. BT's systems definitely agree with it. I've just spoken to BT Premium Mail and they suggested as a first step, that I take my laptop to work, to test out my server/network outside the home, and try and connect to my broadband at work (which happens to be BT Business). I'll do that this afternoon and will report back.
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Very quick update: I spoke with Hyperoptic and they helped me discover that my public IP address had been blacklisted. They reset my IP address to a new one and all is working fine! Thank god for that. Thank you to all who took the time to reply to my post. Something that I learned about public IP addresses is that we all share our public IP addresses with a lot of different users, and if somebody else misuses internet…our own IP address can become blacklisted. These people can be anywhere in the world. Hyperoptic offer a static IP address for an extra £5/month-that means it's mine, and mine alone. I am not opting in just yet, but if I have this issue again I would definitely consider a static IP address.  

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for the update, glad an IP address change sorted it.

Message 17 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks very much:).
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

In the event that it does happen again, before opting for a static IP address try try turning your router off for about half an hour and when you turn it back on your ISP will probably have issued you with a new IP address that hopefully will not be blacklisted.

0 Ratings