cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Repeated wrong password messages

Go to solution

Hi

my BT account is receiving emails but refusing to send them saying my password is wrong. It can’t be wrong as I haven’t changed it. This message pops up every time I try to send an email. 
Any advice, thanks?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Repeated wrong password messages

Go to solution

How are you accessing your email, is it with and email client/app and if so which one or are you using a web browser (webmail)?

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I’m a BT broadband customer and am accessing it through the mail app on iPad and iPhone. Mail does now appear to be sending slowly by password message still appearing 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I presume that you mean the email app that came with the iPhone and iPad and not another email app that you installed.

If you can send email and also if you have checked on webmail, using a browser then there is obviously nothing wrong with your password so my advice would be to do nothing at this stage.

It is most likely a BT email server issue and it will probably resolve its self. 

You could try try turning your BT hub off for half an hour and by doing this when you turn it back on you would possibly be connected to a different email server.

If that does not help I would leave it alone and DO NOT change your password at this time as that could cause more problems than it solves.

0 Ratings