cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Error 553

Go to solution

Hi, for the past 24 hours I've been unable to send any emails using my laptop and tablet connected via WiFi to my modem, nor from my phone connected via 4G, each time I get a pop-up with the error codes 6-1-3-1 and 553

I have rebooted my modem, turned it off for several hours, disabled VPN, cleared the cookie cache, disabled my SIM card in my phone for several hours, and I'm still unable to send emails on any device, not even a test email with nothing in the subject heading and the email body left blank.

Any other ideas to try?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Error 553

Go to solution

I doubt there will be anything that forum members will be able to suggest that will help you with this problem.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, @Graeme-P Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems sending emails at the moment, when you last logged into the community the IP address was allocated by a VPN service. Are you sure this has been disabled as it can cause the error 553 error?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I have disabled VPN, I've tried using my laptop and tablet on my home modem, rebooted my modem, left it turned off for several hours, tried free WiFi from various places in Leicester, tried using my phone via 4G in Hinckley, and I'm still getting the same problem on all three devices using several different WiFi sources 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

My laptop is the only device with a VPN, which I have been using with no problems for the past two years. The problem first started with my tablet on Saturday, so I tried my phone and laptop and have had the same problem with those, too 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, @Graeme-P thanks for confirming that, I'll send you a private message so you can get in contact with your details and we'll raise a fault.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Graeme-P Thanks for the message letting me know the helpdesk resolved this for you. 

Neil

0 Ratings