cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Error 554 btinternet emails blocked

Hi @Andy_N,
Technically @GG44 is a BTInternet broadband user, but has never used the bt internet email adress that I imagine is included by default. So, what I'm thinking he can do is
- Create or activate his bt internet email.
- Export the list of bt email recipients from gmail
- Import them in to bt internet email (or a SMTP client setup for btinternet email, like Outlook or Thunderbird or whatever.)
- Ensure his emails contain a note with how to unsubscribe (I'm afraid it's totally manual today)
- Send his newsletters to BT recipients using this account, ideally to small batches of recipients say 3 lots of 20.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Thanks,
PG71
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Not really.

There's 2 snags.

1. It is no longer possible to create new btinternet email addresses

2. You might still encounter the problem anyway

It would be simpler to create another Gmail address and see if he gets the same problem with that

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Ok thanks @licquorice I'll help him do that. I imagine he'd have to swap over to the new gmail account and send directly from there. Unless, perhaps the new gmail address could be setup to auto forward to the bt accounts.
Or maybe that risks triggering more blacklisting!

Crazy the hoops we have to jump through due to spammers 😕

I'll get reading...
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

It is unlikely that all the BT email recipients will have blocked your father's email address but this might be worth a try. 

Can your father contact at least one of the BT email recipients that is not getting the gmail to add the gmail address to their "Safe Senders" list by logging onto their BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on their  username at the right hand side.

Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Safe Senders" and add your father's gmail address to that.

While there they could also check their "Blocked Senders" list to ensure that the gmail address has not been blocked and also that the gmail domain has not been blocked. If they have been they need to unblock them by scrolling down the list until they find them and select it then click on "delete".

After they have done the above your father should try sending a small email to that individual.

If it now gets through he should send an email via a different email address to all the affected BT email addresses and ask them to do the same.

0 Ratings