cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Error Code 553

Hi,

As of a week ago I have been unable to reply or forward emails as the following error code 553 pops up. 

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (613A912423996BDB) [Err code: 553].

I have tried sending via android phone, changing internet service provider and trying to send to my second email account but all to no avail.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Error Code 553

Hi @hoof_hearted

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I'm sorry that you're seeing error code 553 when trying to send emails from your mailboxes.  As it's happening on more than one of your email accounts, it may be that your IP address is on a blacklist.  I'm not saying that it's anything that you've caused -  Our residential customers are provided with dynamic IP addresses and you may have been assigned an IP address that was put on a blacklist previously.

To double check this, check what your IP address is by clicking here >> What's my IP address? <<

Once you can see your IP address, paste it here >> IP and Domain reputation checker <<  It'll tell you if there are any listings.

Don't worry if there are.  You can simply disconnect your broadband for 15-20 minutes and once reconnected, you'll be assigned a different IP address.  Try sending the emails again with the new IP address and post back to let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 3 of 7

Thank you @RobbieMac 

My IP Address shows no issues.

I have just sent a 'test' message to my gmail account and that seems to work ok.

Hopefully this has rectified itself.

I'll try sending emails later in the week and see how it goes.

Once again thank you for your reply

Message 4 of 7

Hi @RobbieMac 

The issue with replying and sending emails has reared its ugly head again this morning.

The same error code will not allow me to send emails 

Just for clarity, it only happens on my btinternet.com account

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I can only access the BT Email Login after several abortive attempts and am unable to send any emails due to Error Code 553 prohibitions.   Is there a fix for this, or is everyone WFH and carefree?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@GHARRY I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email. Are you using a VPN to connect to the internet?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I automatically connect to my Norton VPN on Start Up.  Tried it today without selecting VPN and I gained immediate access!  Have yet to send new email but will try a test message to see if that works. Many thanks.

0 Ratings