cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Error code TS-0003

I got this problem yesterday for the first time and have read that if I turn off my vpn it will be sorted.  My VPN is there for a reason so I this is not an acceptable solution.  Further it is an unacceptable user experience to expect customers to have to add an extra set of steps before they can access their email.  ALSO I use the same VPN on my mobile device (iPhone 11 Plus) so there is no consistency of experience.

When will BT fix this user epxerience please??

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Error code TS-0003

Same here and i totally agree.  It's not up to BT to say what i can and cannot run on my PC.  Is there a solution to this apart from disabling vpn?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

You can use a VPN with BTMail. The problem arises when the VPN uses an IP address that has been blacklisted which can happen if the IP address has previously been used to send spam.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

BT do not allow a VPN when, for example, attempting to watch BT Sport. The BT Sport App will not work outside of the UK, this includes all live and catch-up services. Many try to circumvent this by attempting to use a VPN leaving BT with the only option available, stop the use of VPNs.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@Carlusha wrote:

BT do not allow a VPN when, for example, attempting to watch BT Sport. The BT Sport App will not work outside of the UK, this includes all live and catch-up services. Many try to circumvent this by attempting to use a VPN leaving BT with the only option available, stop the use of VPNs.

That may be the case for BT Sport but it is not the case for BTMail. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

That's not the case with my VPN it's just that it's particularly secure.

Bizarrely the problem disappeared for a while but has started again.

Time to get back on the phone to BT ... when I next have a spare hour....

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

I had the same experience using Express VPN but found that if I set my location to "India (via UK)" instead of "London" or "Docklands" etc. then I could log in to MyBT just fine - I know we shouldn't have to do this, but maybe toggle your location until you find one that works best

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately even without VPN I can still get this error ... useless.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Yep. I spent ages on chat with these muppets who kept telling me to turn off my vpn which of course I wouldn't and kept telling them that they can't ask a customer to compromise their security so that BT service would work and they kept saying it's not a BT issue - it's my VPN that's at fault!!! Seriously??? AND the agent today started asking me why I use VPN and what extra security I think it gives me!!! How ridiculous. The person clearly knew nothing about VPN and I kindly told him this is not something I'm going to start educating him/her on. I asked where in their T&Cs it says that a customer MUST NOT use vpn when using their service which of course they failed to present. Virgin here we come!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

BT got back to me with an extract of the T&Cs:

" You mustn't do the following, or allow anyone else to do them.

ii. Attempt to access the BT Sport app while connected to a VPN or Proxy. "

So there. They did not explain why they block/disallow VPN connections. I am cancelling my BT broadband and TV services mainly due to bad customer service and the way they put their own benefit before customer's.
0 Ratings