cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Has anyone else received an email from Everi?

Go to solution

About ten days ago, I had an email (with an NTL address**) purporting to be from a company called Everi. They're the parent company of Hermes and recently announced that they're now trading in the UK as Everi, having dropped the name Hermes.

The email wanted me to visit everi-redeliver-missed.com but when I tried to, BT blocked  it, saying that the sender was trying to steal information from me. I thought I raised it here to thank BT but I can't find my post.

Has this issue been raised in the forum?

PS I've now had three texts on the same theme trying to spam me. Should I raise this on a different board or would a Moderator put a copy of this alert there?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Has anyone else received an email from Everi?

Go to solution

Hermes have indeed rebranded as Evri (no extra "e"). But no sizeable business is ever going to use an ISP derived email address or such a convoluted domain name.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

100% a scam, if you send that message (emails / texts) to a million people at least a few thousand will assume it's real and cough up some cash.

It's good it was blocked by BT 🙂

Never click on any links unless you requested them specifically.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for raising this @Taffy078 .

@Ozzig is correct. It's a scam email. Just delete it.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Not sure if you had a typo with the name Everi, as they are Evri.

First thing you should look for is the address line of the sender. FOr example yesterday I had an e mail entitled your bill for BT Broad Band (2 words note)  The sending address was a New Zealand domain.

Your best bet is if in doubt, shred it.   Where carriers are concerned, if you've not ordered anything, then how did they get your e mail address to tell you they're having problems delivering?

Same with Post Office scams.

HOpe teh advice re sender#s address helps.

Keith

0 Ratings