cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

My inbox is being bombarded with emails from all different email address with up to 50 an hour on some days. I am retired and a widow. Some of them have vile titles and it is very upsetting. All I can do is send each one to the spam folder and block the user but still they come. This is all happening since BT changed its email set up. Before this it was working perfectly. Why change something just to make it worse? thanks Jennie

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

I've got that problem too so will be following your thread to see if there is a solution.  I use to be able to block mark a chunk of emails and block senders and domains but now you can only do it one by one, with the amount of junk mails that is ridiculous.   And like you emails that normally would go into my spam  folder is going to my inbox.  

Hopefully there is a solution and someone here will be able to enlighten us  🤞🙂 

Message 3 of 26

Re: Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

I hope so too. It's driving me mad and I think BT are failing us badly!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

It’s not BT, it’s happening on most email servers. The spam bots modify their sending address too often and it gets past the blocked address lists.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Hi

Yes I understand it's hard to keep on top of the spam emails but what I was querying was that in my spam folder I use to tick several emails (think the max was 50 at one time) and then I could block the sender and also block the domain names/addresses and then delete them all at once, then I'd highlight another group of 50 etc and do it until my spam folder was clear, but with the new update I have to do it one email at a time as if I highlight more than one email the block sender and domain option becomes unclickable.  So was wondering if there was a way around it.  I've tried via online and via the app and both are the same.

Message 6 of 26

@tonysmini018wrote:

It’s not BT, it’s happening on most email servers.

None of the four Gmail addresses I use have seen any increase in spam, never mind to the level reported in this thread.

Message 7 of 26

rbz5416 well you are lucky. I didn't make this up!!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

@jennie77 

No luck involved, I just chose to use a competent email provider. I'd urge you to to do the same.

Pretty much every complaint levelled against BT Mail can be solved with one word - Gmail.

Message 9 of 26

I want to echo the point made by @JMB11 that you used to be able to tick several emails at a time and then block the domain names/addresses and then delete them all at once. But with the new update you have to do it one email at a time as if you highlight more than one email the block sender and domain option become unclickable. This is something you need to sort, BT, as it's a PITA!
Message 10 of 26

I noticed a dramatic increase in spam on Sunday 9th June and this has continued. As others have said not happening with gmail. I know in the past when this has happened BT made changes that seemed to resolve the issue.