cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

@Faykc I used * in my post to denote a wildcard in the email addresses I listed, but you don't need to use that when specifying your rules.  I have set one of mine up as follows if that helps:

If From

contains @in.

Set Rule Action

Then

Discard

You just have to be careful when setting rules that nothing genuine could get blocked by mistake.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

Re: Help over 50 spam and vile emails coming every day since the new BT email started.

Yes the Rdl ones are particularly virulent.

Now I have started to get hundreds a day (12,000 in one week) from this address:

<info@mail.gangofertify.com>

Difficult to keep up!

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

Thank you. That’s great. 

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

@andydenyer  when I tried this in settings it told me to add email address or domain and would not let me add what you suggest. Can you advise? thanks

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

@jennie77 Are you selecting Rules rather than Blocked senders?   Under Blocked senders, you can only add specific email addresses or domains.  Whereas under Rules, you have far more flexibility to specify what to look out for and then what action to take.  I've also added specific rules to send emails from known (genuine) email addresses to my Inbox as the Safe senders list doesn't always seem to work properly either.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

Perhaps this screenshot will help:

Screenshot 2024-07-09 131046.jpg

I then created another rule with rdl in place of in between the @ and the .

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

Thanks I will try that

0 Ratings