cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hovering no longer gives sender's email address

Go to solution

Since the recent unwanted change in the appearance of my emails, if I hover over the name of the sender, I am no longer given the name and true address of the sender. Do I now have to open the email to see the address? Is there a way of getting the hovering property back?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hovering no longer gives sender's email address

Go to solution

If you hover the mouse just below the senders name it will show you what email address it originated from in the same way as the "old" email interface did. When you hover your mouse the pointer will change to a "hand pointing" when you hover over the viewable spot. This will not work if the name is an email address rather than a name.

If you want to view the full source of the email select the email with a signal click the box to the left of the email in the list. This will not open the email and you then go to "More" in the menu bar and then "View Source".

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks, DS. You might think I could have found that out by accident, but I didn't. What's the point of BT making such a minor change? Don't hover ON the name, hover JUST BELOW the name. Just to annoy me!
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Bert4545wrote:
Thanks, DS. You might think I could have found that out by accident, but I didn't. What's the point of BT making such a minor change? Don't hover ON the name, hover JUST BELOW the name. Just to annoy me!

Or at the very least, they could have told you...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/For-a-communication-company-BT-has-much-to-learn-on/td-p/2345433

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I had the same problem finding how to reveal senders true address, essential when trying to identify spam or spoofed address.

Today I have encountered another problem. One email in inbox which no matter where I hover the mouse will not reveal address, it is looking like it is from PayPal but I am not sure. All other email in the inbox the hover function works.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Have you hovered bellow the senders name as suggested?

Is it a name or an email address that is showing as the sender?

Have you checked the source as suggested?

For information you can not get a virus or malware just by opening an email. You would need to click on a link or open an attachment in order to download something malicious.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Regarding the message that just one email would not reveal the sender's true address, perhaps I should post this as a new question, but a friend of mine sent me an email (A) that was just a link (blue and underlined). The subject line was something relevant to both of us (good), and now I have seen it is his email address, but I didn't know about hovering under the name then. I didn't click on the link, just in case. I wanted to reply to his email, but 'Reply' was grey! So I sent him an email to ask if he had actually sent A. He replied and said he had. So why did just this one email have 'Reply' in grey? Did BT suspect the email since it consisted of nothing but the link?

0 Ratings