cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How do I clear All Auto collected addresses

Is there a way to delete ALL Auto collected addresses and to turn this fuction off?

Ken

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I clear All Auto collected addresses

Log on to your email account and click on "Contacts" in the menu bar then click on Auto-Collected". Tick the box at the top of the list then go the top box to the left of the list and tick it. This will select the auto collected contacts, then go to "More" and select "Delete".

To stop them being collected go to Settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right hand side then go to "Contacts" in the column on the left hand side and untick the "Auto Save New addresses etc " then click "Save". 

Message 3 of 5

I didn't make it clear that I wanted to enpty the Auto Collected list in one go.

You replied with "Tick the box at the top of the list then go the top box to the left of the list and tick it. This will select the auto collected contacts, then go to "More" and select "Delete"."

Tick the box at the top of the list - do you mean the first address? or the auto collected box? 

then go the top box to the left of the list - how is this box named?

Ken

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sorry, my typo. It should read "Tick the box at the top of the list. This will select the auto collected contacts, then go to "More" and select "Delete".

It is the box just below the "More" button. It does not have a name but if you hover over it it will show "Select all in this view".

Message 5 of 5

@kenm2 and @gg30340 

Deleting these addresses might not be as easy as it should be. 

I have seven auto-collected addresses (I deleted a bunch a while ago, not that it matters).

In 100% zoom on my laptop, the "select all in this view" box only selects six, because either the top or the bottom address is only partially displayed inside the frame boundary. Sorry, it's hard to describe. 

In 90% zoom, all addresses are displayed fully and all get selected by ticking the box. 

In 150% zoom, when the addresses are in large font and only three fit into the panel, ticking the "select all" box selects only the  three visible addresses. By adjusting the scroll bar though, you can get the number selected cut down to two. 

At least, that's what happens on my set-up.  The new webmail yields up another bug! Please reply if you want more information. 

0 Ratings