cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

How to divert btconnect.com email?

I still have a btconnect.com email (from when I was a BT employee) which I access via Outlook 2019 on my PC.

Recent emails from BT suggest that as from Friday I may no be able to access this account via Outlook as it is set up as POP3 - you cant set up as IMAP.

If this is the case (very difficult to fathom out as the info from BT and Microsoft is confusing/conflicting), how do I set up a divert to divert btconnect.com emails to my main email address ?  I cant seem to loging to my btconnect.com via the BT web browser ...

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: How to divert btconnect.com email?

Outlook can be set up as IMAP.

You can't change from POP3 to IMAP on the fly, you have to delete and recreate the account

You need to ask on the business forum regarding diverting btconnect email addresses

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Thanks. Sorry, what i meant was that Outlook wont let you set up btconnect.com mail as IMAP ...

Will have a look at the business forum.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Surely if you have the IMAP server details, you can just set it up manually.

If btconnect supports IMAP, there is absolutely no reason why Outlook shouldn't do.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Unfortunately btconnect.com email doesnt support IMAP

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Now you've totally lost me. Originally you said Outlook was configured for POP3 which btconnect was no longer supporting

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Apologies if I've not explained myself too well🙂

Outlook 2019 supports both POP3 and IMAP and my btconnect.com email is currently configured for POP3 as it cannot be configured as IMAP.

BT suggest that for btconnect.com email accounts:

"From 21/04/2023, email clients will no longer be able to access your mailbox following the security improvement meaning that you will only be able to access the mailbox(es) via;

•   a web browser (office.com), or,

·  the Outlook Web App on mobile devices"

This does appear to contradict Microsoft's advice so I'll wait until Friday, see what happens and if neccessary divert emails to another account.

Message 8 of 14

Ah, ok. Seems a bizarre decision by BT

Message 9 of 14

Apparently to 'improve security' ...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Don't see how a web browser is more secure than Outlook!!!