cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: I can no longer type anything into my BT e-mail on my desktop computer

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Hi @LadyLouisa I'm sorry webmail won't allow you to type a reply, it's a strange issue I haven't seen before. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll ask our email experts to investigate.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Hi, I have replied to private message, but I now think that has not been sent either!.   Having checked my sent mail, I can see that nothing has been sent since 12th April 2022!!!!!   I re-set my router this morning and was able to send one e mail, but not able too anymore problem has re-appeared.   a couple of days ago I tried to send a Mcafee installation link to another e-mail address and this kept telling me I was offline, but I clearly was not as I was using the internet at the time, but I guess they were trying to send via the e mail address they have for me, which is the one that no longer works.   This is becoming serious now and needs fixing.  Can someone please help.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

OK, after finding the cut off date, 12th April, alarm bells rang.   In March my contract was up, and as BT could not provide me with full fibre, I was changing to a local company that has a fibre network in my area.   Installation date was given, so 30 days notice given to BT.    On installation day, the local company came to install.   They had a fibre cabinet, about 50 yards from my front garden and brought cable from there to the pavement in front of my house.   They then attempted to run another cable from that junction box to the box on my outside wall, however, something was blocking it.   As it belonged to BT they could go no further without consulting BT.   Which I understand they did, and BT were not interested in doing anything about it!     So, I had to come back to BT.   Having cancelled after my Contract finished I was unable to get a good deal, and ended up paying £10 more per month with no landline package.   I tell this as I am wondering if this has anything to do with my present problem, ie. the blockage.  The installation date was 7th March this year, approx 4 weeks prior to this problem starting?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Your reply to the moderators was via the forum web page and not via your email account.

There may be a problem with your BT account and your BTMail account as a result of what has been happening when you tried to change ISPs.

When the moderators contact you make sure that you advise them of this.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Thank you,  I guess I was being over eager as I replied Sunday, and have not heard back yet.  Patience is a Virtue.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

The moderators are small team and deal with requests on a first come first served basis. They are very busy at present and it can take a couple of working days to get back to you.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

UPDATE:

After the Moderators (thank you) passed this to the technical department I had a phone call yesterday, and they thought the culprit was ROBOFORM a password manager I have used for many years with no problems.   I must admit to being sceptical but sure enough, if I disabled Roboform I could send e-mail again!

So, to send e mail I have to disable my password manager which is not ideal, so I contacted Roboform who completely dismissed the idea it was down to them and suggested it was actually McAfee which they somehow knew I was using.   They suggested that I turn off my McAfee.   This, of course, did not work, so I uninstalled Roboform and installed again.   Same problem.    As I switched to Edge earlier this year, and install Roboform as an Edge extension rather than its' stand alone program, that will be my next investigation to see if it is the extension not working, rather than the Program itself.  

I just thought I would update here as many times people do not let us know the outcomes and also to help any others who may, in the future come across my problem or similar, in that oft used programs are able to interfere with BT e mail somehow.

Message 19 of 23

In message 10 you said after being asked to try different browsers, computers and a friends network "No, does not work on a few browsers on several computers, desktop and laptop"  so unless you have Roboform installed on all the devices you tried it on I am at a loss how it could be causing the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Actually, yes I do have Roboform on all my computers, as well as those of my sister. It is a program we have sed for many, many years, and is the only one we have ever used, and installed on everything, even our phones and tablets. I am only repeating what I was told by the BT Techs.
0 Ratings